School Home Support (SHS) is a charity that works holistically
with the entire family to improve a child’s education and life chances. SHS understands that there may be problems beyond the classroom that could affect a child’s ability to be in school, and be ready to learn and grow. SHS works with the family around a child to help make tangible, sustainable and positive changes to ready children for full participation in the classroom.
SHS practitioners support the whole family with any issues they are facing that could impact a child’s ability to do their best in education. SHS practitioners assist families with issues related
to housing, finances, or to offer support with family relationships
that may keep a child from attending school regularly and then
puts a personalized plan in place.
A plan might include support for:
· Housing or benefits
· Providing support to the children in school
· Improving family relationships and enhancing parenting skills
· Providing financial support for essential items such as school uniforms,
travel tickets, cookers or washing machines.
· Helping parents/caretakers work more closely with school staff
including their children’s teachers.
· Actively engaging the family to access useful services.
Lady Frederick Windsor, aka Sophie Winkleman, (Lady Susan Worchester)
is a Royal Patron of SHS.